Today I am speaking with Sam Meister and Erika Farr at a Lyrasis Town Hall Meeting, The Accidental Digital Curator: Acquiring and Preserving Digital Archives. In my talk, I will describe the “More Product Less Process” approach to processing born-digital materials at the University of Illinois. Here are some resources that I’d like to cite, as supplementary resources to my talk, or having some value for those who are just getting started with the acquisition, management, processing, and access to born digital archives:
- OCLC Research, Demystifying Born-Digital Reports
- Digital Preservation Coalition, UK, Digital Preservation Jargon Buster
- Chris Prom, “Making Digital Curation a Systematic Institutional Function.” Intl, Journal of Digital Curation.
- Gordon Daines, Processing Digital Records and Manuscripts, Trends in Archives Practice Series, Society of American Archivists Press
- Society of American Archivists Digital Archives Specialist Courses
- Zenphoto gallery software
- Chris Prom, “Archival Information Packet Structure,” Practical E-records blog.